Sitecore announced in a press release this month that it has acquired Boxever & Four51.
Both Boxever & Four51 are pure play SaaS solutions. The Boxever platform provides market leading CDP, decisioning, and experimentation capabilities at unrivaled scale. The Four51 OrderCloud™ platform is a fully composable, API-first, headless e-commerce platform.
The acquisitions will help Sitecore close few of the major gaps they had in their present offerings in this space.
Sitecore xDB has overlaps with Boxever capability, however lack the scale, performance & feature parity with best of breed CDP platforms. Not being a SaaS platform, it also lacks the agility that Boxever can provide.
Sitecore Experience Commerce has less mature B2B offering & is not SaaS based. The Four51 OrderCloud™ platform fills this gap.
Following this announcement, Boxever acquisition has been completed by Sitecore. A partner webinar was conducted by Sitecore to welcome Boxever & answer key questions by partners.
The webinar started with a brief talk by COO of Sitecore, Nick Malone. He re-iterated Sitecore commitment to provide best customer experience & mentioned with these acquisitions Sitecore offers first end to end SaaS platform.
This was followed by talk on Boxever by former CEO of Boxever, Dave O’Flanagan, who is now Chief Product Officer, Sitecore. Dave talked about the core capabilities of Boxever, vision for future & where it fits into Sitecore products. Few key takeaways from his talk:
- Boxever has three core capabilities:
- Customer Data Platform (CDP): It can aggregate data from multiple sources, is completely agnostic of source technology or channel & builds unified profile of customer, anonymous or known. It provides advanced segmentation capabilities & offer rich Analytics & insights.
- Decisioning Engine: It lets organizations do personalization at scale. With this, the organizations can provide next best experience to customer based on where they are in their journey & on channel they chose to interact with.
- Experimentation: It is a recent addition to Boxever that provides real-time experimentation across all your products, apps and channels.
- Boxever will be Sitecore CDP & will be seamlessly integrated with Sitecore offerings.
- Boxever will continue to be offered as stand-alone offering as well.
- Sitecore will continue to invest in their existing PaaS offerings: XP, XM & XC. This will provide a lot of flexibility to customers to choose offering that fits with their needs & budget.
Dave also talked about few key case studies where Boxever is helping customers to provide targeted offers to customers, for instance, for Qatar Airways, using Boxever, organization is able to provide targeted offer to Economy class passengers to upgrade to business class based on data insights on who is most likely to upgrade. One of largest gambling company is able to personalize based on games, themes etc. customer is interested in & also evolves as the game progresses. To highlight the scale Boxever can support, Dave talked about one of the customers has 500M customer profiles in Boxever & can still run the segmentation in seconds.
The talk was followed by a small talk from SVP Global Partners at Sitecore, Owen Taranuik. Owen mentioned Sitecore will soon roll out the training, collaterals for partners to equip them with required knowledge on the product. Boxever training has been already made available on learning.sitecore.com for free.
- Partner webinar by Sitecore